Sunday, February 20, 2011

THOUGHTS ON MY BIRTHDAY

Each year as my birthday approaches, I assess where I am along the road of my life goals. I have shared about wanting to be a Titus 2 woman, see my blog dated March 24, 2009. Each week at the high school where I work, two other ladies and I meet with a group of 15 - 20 young ladies. Our goal is to encourage them to make good choices. My prayer is that I will be led by the Holy Spirit when I stand before these young ladies. I want to be a Titus 2 woman to them.
As I advance in age, I also want to advance in spiritual maturity, wisdom. Wisdom does not just come, it requires yielding to the Holy Spirit so that our minds can be renewed, transformed through Bible reading, Bible study, prayer and hearing the Word of God. One shows that she has wisdom when she knows when to listen, when to speak and what to say. I really need to work on this.
I want to have a positive impact on the people in my life. I want make them think, because you grow when you think. I want being around me to be a pleasant experience so I want to make people laugh. I want to live a life worthy of the Gospel that I have received.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love the new photo. It is always difficult to learn to listen rather than speak. My brother-in-law recently told me one of his father's (my father-in-law) favorite lines: "Since God created us with two ears and one mouth we should listen twice as much as we speak." For me that's an easy reminder to remember, especially when it comes to listening to others. For listening to the Holy Spirit, I like to remind myself that He's God and I'm not! Glad to see a new post.

    ReplyDelete