The only nice vacations that I have experienced have been my honeymoon in 1985, the tri-city trip to NY, Atlantic City and Philadelphia in 1987 and our trip to Disney World in 2001.We have made a few trips for family reunions but we haven’t even done that in a few years. This being the case, I do not want our special memories to be focused on vacations because we would not have many special memories. Instead, I just enjoy the time when we just sit and have conversation around the dinner table and laugh. Or, going to baseball games or football games to watch our boys sit on the bench, or stand on the sideline or actually play in the game. We like playing poker with chips but not money. I like winning at Boggle or Scrabble :) As we pinch our pennies, we watch the $1 movies from Redbox together. This past weekend I experienced two memorable moments. Saturday when I came home from shopping ,the two beloveds, ages 21 and 18, were watching the Walt Disney Classic, Aladddin together. Monday when I came home from school they were watching Disney’s Toy Story together. Both times I joined them and reflected upon the seasons of my life and their ages when the movies were released. Aladdin was released in 1992 with their ages being 4 and 1. Babies in car seats. We lived in Country Club Hills. Toy Story was released in 1995 with their ages being 7 and 4. Rear seat riders only with a buster seat. Only one in school. We were in Naperville. Now they are both drivers and I am comfortable enough to sleep while they drive! The best memories are free or should I say priceless?
Ecclesiastes 3:1(NIV) 1 There is a time for everything,and a season for every activity under heaven:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment