Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I will make a confession

I am hooked on “blue crack”. If it is a school day, I have to talk to a police officer. I became hooked in 2006 when I started working as a campus supervisor. The school resource officer, SRO, was a great guy who helped me to have a better understanding of the cast of characters that I have to deal with on a daily basis. As his term expired, I wondered how I was going to survive. There was no need to fear however, for his replacement is also a great guy. I am able to get my daily fix.

This past Friday, we had a “situation” where additional police were needed. I had the opportunity to see my SRO do his job well in an emergency situation. He did his thing while being cool, calm and collected all the time. Never did I feel afraid. It is a comfort to know that Naperville’s finest respond quickly.

But let me be clear, I do not trust in chariots and in horses or the Naperville Police, but trust in the Name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7

ps. In case you are not sure, I am joking about the "blue crack".

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you clarified about the "blue crack."
    At first, I thought it was a nickname for the SRO. Don't they wear blue uniforms? Anyway, I also agree with Psalm 20!

    ReplyDelete