that is the number of actual work days that I missed due to the events of January 20th. That gave me a lot of time on my hands. I thought that I would take up reading, but that King James version of "Pilgrim's Progress" is on my dresser without me reading page one. On my back is not the sleeping position of choice for me, but laying down makes me fall asleep. I did a lot of sleeping.
I did read more Scripture than I would have otherwise, and I had plenty of time to reflect upon my readings. I believe all things work together for good (Romans 8:28). Not that everything that happens is a good thing, or that it will feel good while it is happening. I do think however that our life experiences and challenges can be a time of learning lessons. Sometime we learn about ourselves, sometimes others, sometimes God. I think when we learn, we grow, we mature. If we embrace these opportunities for growth and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us we will be better for it.
There are a couple of lessons that will take me a lifetime to master. Pray before I start doing. I should not start a project and then ask God to bless it. That project may be a good one, but not for me to do. Be slow to speak and quick to listen. Sometimes all I am supposed to do is listen, not try to help solve the problem.
Oh yeah there is another lesson, watch your step! :)
ps The return to work went well. Thank you for your prayers. I will not send any more photos unless you request one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment