Tuesday, March 24, 2009

If things had gone differently......

You would have been invited to my 50th birthday party. I had written a twenty minute monologue for the event. Over time I may share with you portions of it in my blog. The following is from the monologue.

Now that I am 50, considered by most to be older, I want to be a Titus 2 woman.
I want to be reverent in the way I live, to live in a way that honors God, to behave as those who love the Lord should. I do not want to be a slanderer, gossip or addicted to much wine, heavy drinker, drunk, but to teach what is proper, what is good, be a model of goodness, to give good counsel Then I can guide the younger women or By looking at me, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous self-controlled to live wisely and pure, be sensible and kind, to be ]sane and sober of mind (temperate, disciplined) be a good homemaker, be a good wife. and to be subject to their husbands, to be submissive to their husbands, one who puts her own husband first. I want to be such that no one will malign the word of God because of me, that the word of God may not be exposed to reproach (blasphemed or discredited) because of me. Then no one can say insulting things about God's message because of me. Then I will not bring shame on the word of God. I don't want anyone looking down on God's Message because of my behavior.

Titus 2:3-5 NIV MSG NLT CEV AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment