In his song Superstitious he says, “When you believe in things that you don’t understand then you suffer”. I believe in prayer and honestly I really do not understand it and I do not think that I am suffering. God knows the future right? So does my pray change the future. I don’t know. Since He knows my thoughts, why do I have to pray? I don’t know. But I will say this, if Jesus prayed and He is God, for sure I need to pray.
Some people say you should ask God for exactly the thing that you want. For example: do not pray for a car, pray for a 2009 Chevy Colbalt in blue. I have found that I do not always know what is best for me, so my prayers are more like “God, this is my concern or problem. Please fix it or change my attitude about it so that I will have peace.” Last year I had a prayer answered in a way that was WAY BETTER, let me type that again, WAY BETTER than I had hoped. Even as a child of God, I would not have been so presumptuous as to ask for such a blessing.
I would like to thank all who have been standing in the gap for me (praying for me). Since January 20th I have had all sorts of emotions. Some brought on by medication perhaps, some by being perimenopausal perhaps, and some because I was just being a big baby about not being able to have my party.
I went to see the doctor today, he is very pleased with how my wound is healing. He said if healing continues at the same pace, the wound vac may come off in two weeks and for now, he thinks no skin graft will be needed. He said that I would able to return to work without restrictions if I wear some special knee high sock.
Keep up with the prayers, the prayers of a righteous one avails much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok I am curious ... what does OUIE mean??
ReplyDeletewhat wound? I am so out of the loop! What happened to you?
ReplyDeleteBy the way. (Not that this matters) I just spent a fortune to see STEVIE!!! here in Reno. He closed with Superstition and to be honest, had he not-- it would had gotten physical. I never understood the song to express sufferage as a result of believing in what you don't understand but belief systems that sufferage, being a necessary component accompanied with believing in something you don't understand, result in superstitions, not being a healthy thought pattern. (hence-- superstition aint the way) Basically, I thought the message was, don't believe you will be harmed by something that has no causal base (13 month old baby, broken mirror resulting in seven years of bad luck, black cats).
Prayer on the other hand- at least in my life, has shown a causal connection to recovery. It is not illogical. It may be sofisticated but not hard to figure out. GOD knows our thoughts so why do we need to speak period? Because we were give free will. We have the ability to show our love or distaste for him. Jesusu show us how. Gave us the Lord's Prayer if we needed an example. My parents know I love them, but to hear me say it... They know there must be thing in my life I need help with, but in most cases they respect my "free will" to use what they have given me to figure it out, but more than willing to step in once I ask. Believe me, I am sure this is an over simplistic view of prayer but I feel the nucleus.
GET DOWN STEVIE