I have always been loved, from the womb to now. In addition to the usual suspects of my immediate family, I have been loved by extended family and by my church family, past and present. My church family and small group look out for me, regular calls, meals, whatever I need. I text my pastor, do you? My life time partner's pastor is good too, we do the email thing and the cell number is in my cell phone. My friends from back in day, high school, are there for me too. I am especially blessed to have people at Central who love me, after all I spend a lot of time there. I know who to go to when I need loving.
You know what all these people have in common? They know Jesus and since they know Jesus they know God and God is love. The Bible tells us that we will know Christ followers because of their love.
My family needs loving right now. My oldest beloved is not well (fluid inside and outside of the right lung and a blood clot is there too), but we know that God loves him a lot more than we do and He is in control. God is good and demonstrates His love by providing Christ followers to love us on His behalf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with your posting, Susan. I am grateful that you have friends who love you and support our family, in Christ's name...Vince
ReplyDeleteSusan,
ReplyDeleteI did not know about Mike. Thanks for the email.
He is in my prayers. Tell him Mr. Sladkey is thinking of him.
We are also praying for you.
Dave and Linda Sladkey
I have been keeping up with Mike thru Daddy. He told me he wasn't well and unfortunately I have not called for which I apologize. (what is your number?)I know I should have all of my family's contact info., forgive me I'm a work in progress.
ReplyDeleteHow is Mike doing now? I am confident he'll be fine (and already is).
Donnie