Saturday, February 20, 2010

BIRTHDAY RELECTIONS

According to my mother, I made my debut at 11:45pm, February 20, 1959. I am blessed. How do I know this? I was born into a loving family where people feared God, loved God and sought to serve God. When I call my mother or brothers, I can hear them smile over the phone. Daddy went home to be with Lord February 18, 2001. I am blessed to have a loving husband. A number of our friends who have been married for decades are going through some very tough times right now, yet my husband has reaffirmed that he will be with me until death separates us. I have two sons who want to be Godly men by word and deed. I have all of this by grace, I have not earned it.

I think I can say that I am over the half way point in my life. From this point on I pray that I will become wiser. Aren’t old ladies are supposed to be wise?

This verse stood out to me today: Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23 NIV .The editor’s note in The Quest Study Bible for this verse is “Wellspring of life, a metaphor for the heart, believed at that time to be the source of intelligence and the place where life-changing decisions were made. Just as a source of water could go bad, one’s thinking could become corrupted if it was not guarded.”

I fully realize that even at my advanced age I still need to be vigilant about guarding my heart. I still have life-changing decisions to make as I go through the Change. I still have opportunities to impact the lives of others. I still have the responsibility to impact the lives of others, for Christ. How do I plan to guard my heart? By continuing to study the Word of God.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUSAN! GOD BLESS YOU IN THE YEARS TO COME WITH A DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF WHO HE IS AND WHO HE CREATED YOU TO BE. LOVE, Pat

    ReplyDelete