As some of you may know, I have been fortunate to have had a couple of guys have come into my life to help me in that regard, a couple of tall dark and handsome guys in their 30’s. Well, I should not say dark because they are white. I should say brunettes that would indicate darker for white folk. But then again, one of them has no hair….. well, you get the drift. My personal trainers have been patient and non judgmental with me even when I have slipped up and not followed their good advice. But, that is behind me and I am back on the road to a size healthier.
I met with a dietitian yesterday and she helped me fine tune my eating plan for Ouie at age fifty which in not the one that may have worked for me twenty years ago. For my daily devotions I am using Living the Legacy from the First Place Series, a Bible-based weight-loss plan. Today’s study talked about
Ephesians 1:4 (New Living Translation)4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
and 1 Peter 1 13-16. (New Living Translation) 13 So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. 14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. 15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. 16 For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”[c]
The thought to mediate on for the day was the act of being holy impacts our daily life which should include striving for a healthy lifestyle, looking for ways to minister to others and living so that people see Christ in us.
I am excited about being back on the road to a size healthier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Don't slip back into old ways of living to satisfy your own desires." This tells it all and refers to it all, whether those old ways are eating, drinking, reading popular fiction, watching television, going to the movies, and just talking about inconsequential matters, when only one thing matters, SALVATION! Good luck with tossing away the old ways. I, too, need to get over my own fleshy desires. (Sometimes this can even be sleep when I am called to pray.)"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phil. $:13
ReplyDeleteGood for you! No matter our weight, we all need to practice healthy eating and living lifestyles. Cholesterol is my challenge…and it’s not easy to keep regular exercise in my daily/weekly schedule! I’ve given up most red meat and cheese; I have to work at feeling guilty if I happen to “indulge” in either. I remind myself that both contain nutrients that are important for an over-all balanced diet.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about what Americans eat. We are dying younger because of tasty fat foods, and less execise. My parents had one car, they took the bus or when in the South, walked to town. There are far more processed sugars in fast food as a result we, Black, white and Hispanic, Americans are the fattest people in the world. The idea of paying for a health care system that does not address our own indulgence, does not sit well with me.
ReplyDeleteFurthermore, go into any inner-city community and you see Blacks and Hispanics that are more overweight than whites. We got to push away from the table, cook at home and find healthier alternatives. Death comes from overindulgence. Food can be a drug that kills.
Thanks for your blog.