Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thoughts on MICHAEL JACKSON's Memorial Service

Yes, I watched the memorial service for Michael. Some people may have thought that it was long, 2 1/2 hours or so, but not me. It was about the same length as my father's funeral. I have attended a four hour funeral in my life so those funerals that are one hour are short to me.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was not over the top. It did give me pause that they brought his body in on the song "Soon and Very Soon We are Going to See the King" but I felt better when Lionel Richie sang a song with the name Jesus through out. I can not recall the name of the song at his moment but Richie recorded it quite a number of years ago.

Millions watched that service. I am glad that the organizers wanted/allowed/permitted a song with the name of Jesus to be sung. It is my prayer that some have heard that song and will want to know more about Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize there was such clear Christian language, or that his body was brought onto the stage. Sounds like an unconventional celebrity funeral to say the least! I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete