Mothers have great responsibility. Because we usually spend more time with our children than their fathers, we often have greater influence in their developing personality. We all have heard the jokes saying when someone has dysfunctional tendencies look at the relationship with the mother.
I love my mother and count it blessing that I still have her. None of my girls from the high school days still have their mothers. Mama has been a believer from a young age and always been active in her church. She has been a member of the same church for 66 years. No church hopping for her! My mother and father taught us the importance of supporting our church through giving and involvement. No one could say my family is a bunch of pew sitters and have that stement be true.
My motherly philosophy was based on my childhood experiences. I think that I turned out OK, so I thought my way would be fine for my sons. :) I take no credit for our sons turning out to be the fine young men that they are. God has chosen to show us favor in that regard. Hubby and I tried to follow Proverbs 22:6 “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” NIV
My father’s oldest sister and my uncle, her husband, were like minded. Some of my favorite childhood memories were being with my cousins at church. My cousins called my aunt Mother Dear, M’dear, for short. I always thought it would be great to be called Mother Dear. But do you ask someone to call you that or is that a term of endearment that is earned? Tyler Perry has tarnished the name somewhat for me with his Madea character, but maybe one day my grandchildren will call me M’dear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment