Monday, November 3, 2014
Better late than never?
When older beloved joined the football team as a freshman in 2002, I found out about the Varsity Mother’s night. The mothers of the varsity players wore their sons jersey and received hugs from the boys on the field. I said to myself, “Self, you have two years to lose enough weight to be able to get into that jersey”. Older beloved decided not to play his junior and senior year. A year later younger beloved joined the freshman football team. So I said to myself, “Self, you have two years to lose enough weight to be able to get into that jersey”. I did not lose any weight by Mother’s Night of his junior year but I did lose a couple of pant sizes by the time of his senior year. However, it was not enough to wear the jersey. I will say that there were several moms who could not wear their son’s jersey. Younger beloved graduated FIVE years ago and not until now can I wear the jersey.
As I reflect on the regrets that I have over postponing weight loss, I try to meditate on these two verses when dealing with the past.
Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14 ESV)
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 ESV)
In applying these verse to my life experiences, I need to let go of any negative emotions of past experiences yet learn the lessons from them. When we learn, we grow and growth leads to transformation.
I want to live a transformed life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment